The shallowness of modern "content"

These are thoughts I don’t want to tweet and turn into people getting mad over a “hot take”, but…
Lately I’m realizing some of my disconnect with modern YouTube comes from the shallow nature of things these days.
A while back I was watching an editing discussion with Hayden Hilier-Smith (and someone else, I forget who) and they were breaking down the edit of a TV show or something, and something he noted was that the show just… showed the impact of a moment/feeling, whereas “the YouTube version” would “have just literally said ‘and this was the moment when I realized…’”.
Then today I just watched a video from a “filmmaker” style YouTuber - comments overflowing with support for the “quality of video we get for free” and the whole video was basically just giving the CliffNotes version of someone’s tragic life story - and the Netflix BioPic of it - with an ever-so-slight relation of that to their own place in their journey “trying to make it as a YouTuber.”
(Completely separating the fact that they have less than 50 videos on their channel and I cannot possibly take someone’s recounting of their “struggles” as a YouTuber seriously when they’ve barely even begun to make videos, but that’s a whole other point from my jaded ass.)
It just feels like no one wants to just… THINK about things anymore. Or, they don’t expect their viewers to. The entirety of that video summarizing the movie with a brief application to themself is what anyone is supposed to go through when they watch the film. That was the point of the film. It’s not groundbreaking to retell it in a video. Just like the “the YouTube video would have literally said this” comment - the format is designed to be so mainstream and dumbed down that there’s seemingly no room for thought or impact. You can’t expect to leave your audience with a feeling if you’re not explicitly spelling it out.

This is an amusing complaint to have given the step-by-step tutorial nature of my primary content. My complaints are also why I always strive to move away from that kind of content. Perhaps I let comments get to me so much, but given that I “found my fame” by doing walkthrough tutorial videos for complex (at the time) software, if I make a video that shows how to do something at a high level - even when I have other videos showing the granular details needed to keep up with it - there’s inevitably a bunch of comments mad that I “went too fast” or didn’t hold their hand through the process. It’s a “me problem” but it’s hard to balance the quest for retention and more concise content with feeling like I’m leaving a bunch of people hanging, OR that I’m left having to carry the burden of those constant negative comments.

I know all of this is typical when a medium goes more mainstream, but it’s just frustrating to see. It feels (these days) like a “YouTube” video is a format designed to yell at you, string you along for sub-par results, give you jumpcut whiplash, burn your attentionspan, and spell basic-ass ideas out for you so you feel like something impressive was done - rather than just having something worthwhile to say and an impact to impart on the viewer.
I don’t want to make that.
But how do I make what I feel “matters” while still finding my way through the system?

Existentialism is exhausting.

3 Likes

I just had this exact kind of thought regarding my experience with YouTube lately. So many big videos on the site, the ones I get in my sidebar constantly, are just ppl talking about entertainment media, often in a rather shallow manner, without much passion or research put into covering whatever their topic is. It feels like the same video all over again.

1 Like

agreed—my wife and i have a handful of people we follow on youtube just because they go more in-depth or deal in more niche topics. these smaller (not tiny, mind you) channels tend to devote a lot of time to their research and present their subjects in a way that doesn’t fall victim to the usual depth issues with youtube. vast as an ocean, deep as a puddle and all that.

i’m quite happy with my favorite bottomless puddle videos. :smile: feels like i actually get a grasp of what they’re trying convey in a way that doesn’t feel too dumbed down—like the author wants the viewer to continue looking into the subject themselves. love it, as annoyingly sparse as these kinds of videos can be.

1 Like

So easy to feel that way when there are so many that take the words out of someone elses mouth and use it as their own. Even worse are the “news” guys that literally take cuts from other videos, add a one sentence description of each and put their name on it. Heck, they’ll even take a whole show and put their name on it. I don’t know how the get away with it.

1 Like

For me the experience echoes in this imagery of fifty different videos named something like “Top 10 Video Games That SUCK” that all talk about the same games. Different faces, basically same content. Feels like a déjà vu, or a glitch in the matrix, perhaps. Nothing new is on the table, nothing daring is happening, it’s just slop.

It’s without doubt to me that much of front-facing YouTube experience is basically content mills that know no such thing as scooping too low for things to cover, and plagiarism as one of the sources of such content is clearly an issue on the platform that is so rampant now that it warrants a separate discussion of its own.

1 Like

Hey, posting entire anime episodes split in many parts is a time honored tradition on youtube :smiley: .

My best example of “spelling it out” is Drew Durnil, he covers PolandCountryballs comics, info-graphics and memes, in a convenient “self-contained” format. He gives a quick explanation and highlights a couple comments for every post. I’m not saying it’s very deep, but it’s better suited for the daily uploads than a deeper “quick in&out 20 minute adventure” that ends with me and my 15 open tabs researching stuff and an afternoon of browsing comments. Maybe it’s not good that it’s convenient, reminds me of Ubisoft selling timesavers, “Can’t I just pay you twice upfront and not play the game at all?” Then again, the focus of those videos is on historical “facts” rather than feelings at one point in time.
I’m thinking of Yahtzee’s “games that make you feel vs games that make you numb” dichotomy.

“The single player, story narrative-based, the work of art, the culturally important thing from which we can still learn; uh and just the alternative interpretation of a game being just a thing you do with your hands when you’re bored like live service grindy emotion numbing thing.”
~ The Stop Killing Games Campaign (ft. Ross Scott) | Windbreaker Podcast (timestamp)

(He immediately received the counter-argument that, even if boring core gameplay loops might not be art, games definitely contain art that could inspire on its own separated from the finished product.)

The fanbase loves them until they stop giving them more. Exactly the way they like it, exactly the same rate at exactly the same price. A perceived slip in quality is the end of the loyalty. Then where does that leave them? At the mercy of me.
~ Why Does This Keep Happening to the Gaming Community? | Cold Take

I could listen to these guys forever, too bad this is the first time they talked to each-other.

They uhh, kinda have to.

Transcript:

You know how the phrase “he cooked” is a good thing, but the phrase “he’s cooked” is a bad thing? Well, that actually happens a lot in the English language. For example, “you ate that” is a good thing, but “you got eaten alive” is a bad thing. You want to say that “you killed it”, not that “you got killed”. And the common factor here is that we associate positive things with the active voice, (cooking), and negative things with the passive voice, (being cooked). In other words, we mentally reward the doer of an action while we punish the recipient. This actually stems out of a well-known psychological phenomenon called Action bias, where we tend to favor doing something over not doing something, even when it doesn’t really make a difference. In fact, there’s a lot of evidence that action bias extends into etymology for the same reason. For example, studies[1] show that we consistently view people more positively when their actions are being spoken about as if they had personally done them, and that extends into our words for those actions. But now this gets especially interesting when you consider sex, which is frequently described as being active from the male perspective in heterosexual relationships. It’s almost always talked about as an act of penetration(the man’s action) and not, say, an act of enveloping (the woman’s action). Even the word vagina comes from the Latin word for “sheath”, implying that it’s a passive recipient. And with our linguistic bias, this could cause us to subconsciously remove female agency and stigmatize their role in these relationships.[2].

1: The Effects of Linguistic Voice on Evaluations and Attributions of Ingroup And Outgroup Members
2: KOTROSITS, MAIA. “Penetration and Its Discontents: Greco-Roman Sexuality, the ‘Acts of Paul and Thecla’, and Theorizing Eros without the Wound.” Journal of the History of Sexuality, vol.27, no. 3, 2018, pp.343-66.

I’m bringing up the Drew example again, but it’s convenient to have the themes and how they link together packaged with a neat little bow. I too am guilty of complaining about game reviews that only briefly touch on the game’s premise instead of doing a literary analysis. It’s like they expected me to go and play the game or something, instead of sitting here to consume more reviews. What is the alternative? This bloated wall of text of mine? How is one even supposed to go through this? Open the links in new tabs as they come, and go on a web-surfing expedition every other sentence? Or read until the end, opening the links in the background as they come, and take them one-by-one after they’re done reading? I’m sure the meaning won’t be lost by the time they get to the end of the last one, 4 hours from now.

Is this what killed web-loggers? How does one even share links anymore, social media de-ranks links outside their platform. And besides, I can’t simply name-drop a movie or post a random link without a bit of a hook, an elevator pitch, a review, something to grab attention if it’s a thing new to the other person. (These days we have embeds and authors can write their own little blurbs and thumbnails). I mean, I know the true answer about sharing found written/video/artsy stuff: “don’t talk about your philosophy, be the embodiment of it” and years down the line some muppet is going to ask in an interview “How did you think to do something like that?”. But that takes time and I want to post about the F-Zero courses from a dead Nintendo satellite service restored using VHS and AI today… Hm, maybe there’s less interest in linking stuff overall, Twitter and Reddit are considered rather un-cool these days.
So uh, yeah, making content that’s little more than reacting to stuff and saying “me 2 fr fr” is a solution. (I don’t mean to put down reaction content, most things humans do are in reaction to something else, and besides, if I have the choice of watching the new WoW trailer on Blizzard’s channel, or Asmon’s reaction to it… well I’m not watching it twice, although I do let the original video run in the background for that sweet watch-time metric.) Just…this. I’m not quoting the whole article here, it’s just 4 paragraphs.

I feel the need for a “bottomless puddle videos” subreddit similar to r/patientgamers.

Re; Top 10s

In the latest Ross Scott QnA, someone asked “How do I broaden my gaming palate?” “Top 10 games” videos are there to answer that, to be a searchable starting point. They can’t reach a conclusion because most of the time the games they’re covering are also hard to talk about conclusively.

“Get your oven gloves ready, because here comes the hot take for this video. The concept of games as a service is incompatible with the concept of games as art. And I am pretty invested in games as art. I’ve been banging that drum for decades. I consider myself an artist, and games are the medium I find the most interesting to work with. A while back Marty and I were talking about Bioshock on Slightly Something Else, and one of the things I realised made Bioshock stand out as such a great work of game art is that it’s actually about something. It’s about the failure of objectivism in practice, about how free will is inherently antithetical to utopia. Being about something, having a central theme or philosophical stance, feels so rare in mainstream game releases these days. What, for example, is Fortnite about? Nothing. It’s about nothing. It’s a never-ending conveyor belt of samey action like most other live services. There isn’t even a consistent visual theme. Your character’s skin can be anything from a hot dog costume to a Darth Vader suit. No stance is taken, no higher themes are explored, no conclusion is drawn. Pretty hard to draw a conclusion when the game never fucking concludes. Does that preclude it from being art? Well, that’s the debate, isn’t it? Maybe art doesn’t have to be intended to mean something, maybe meaning is entirely up to the viewer. But here’s the other thing. One of the purposes of art is to provide a capsule of human history, as a reference for when future scholars look back at us, down their noses no doubt, but also to hold up a mirror to ourselves. All art says something about the human condition in the time it was made, but it can’t do that if it never stops being made. If it’s constantly being updated, then it doesn’t belong to a single moment in time. The Mona Lisa wouldn’t have meant a whole lot to the world of art if my dude had painted over it every year to reflect the current fashions of Renaissance Italy, before finally burning it because he couldn’t be bothered to pay the rent on the gallery anymore. Again, the philosophers can debate this to the heavens, but in my view, the problem with both live services and franchises never being allowed to fucking die is that art is arguably defined by criticism and analysis, and you can’t properly analyse something until it has stopped moving. That’s as true for video games as it is for a small excitable dog at the vet.”
~ Games as a Service is Incompatible with Art | Extra Punctuation

D’oh, 2 pages in and I didn’t even try to answer the main question. I’ll just go for the straight flush, have another quote:

old Renaissance paintings that people value were commissioned by the church. Just because the artists don’t have control over every aspect of it doesn’t mean that there isn’t artistic value. And just by coincidence I am a fan of The Crew game and it’s the second largest driving game ever made and in my opinion it represents a ground level view of the United States better than any other game I’ve ever seen. There’s something for that, even if the circumstances are much more commercial and they’re just trying to push product. I think “designed by committee” is an easy and in my opinion lazy criticism because it devalues any sort of collaboration “oh wait more than five people worked on something? designed by committee that’s not art.” I mean there are plenty of games that feel like they were designed by committee and that’s what I object to.
:arrow_right_hook: Renaissance art was not only being commissioned, but artists often worked in workshops with many different hands touching the artwork. Joshua Reynolds, although belonging to a later period, often had five to six sitters in a day. He’d basically just do the face, hands etc. then have an apprentice do the clothing, background, and any other details required. Art has always been a collaborative process.

~ the same The Stop Killing Games Campaign (ft. Ross Scott) | Windbreaker Podcast and a comment reply

(ignore this if it detracts from the point, but Airbus is a monument to “design by committee” and they still make beautiful things KEISUKE KAGEURA on Instagram: "Air France :fr: A350-941 :airplane: F-HUVD )

baaa6e9d-16d0-4b04-966d-71d4a5fb6fc4file_3195928

What a mess of a reply, but I hope it fits the “Not for broadcast” vibes of this thread.

Ah, I should have added a cool ending, sth like, “The Statue of Liberty is a gift from France, and The Crew is another one, both inspiring people around the world to fight for their rights.”

@EposVox I think I have a more pertinent answer: Habitual Linecrosser. He also had the dilemma of “How to chase the creator dream while in a big system.” The Army! He actually loves the army life, but he reached a dead end in his military career. In recent years he was an instructor for the Patriot Anti-Air system, but now the only way to continue would be to join the officers in the office job of administration. He’d rather be out there with the students, he has a “Classroom” playlist on youtube too. He was looking to settle down anyway, and there are no openings in administration near his future home, so…
I’ll put the transcripts here because the official announcement :arrow_left:Click me is a bit of a downer compared to his usual shows, and the stream is chaotic so by the time I’m done linking 10 timestamps I might as well just add here what I want you to see: (dark mode camouflages the quote boxes, there’s a lot of them here)

Chat: “It may be just a job, but the SNCO’s felt it was necessary to tell me about life in the “real world” when I was getting out. I finally had to say I joined at 21, not right out of school. I’m well aware of the real world.”

Yeah that’s the thing, and I’m starting to realize that myself now that I’ve made the decision that I’m walking away. Again I love the Army, I love what the army’s given me, but I think everyone comes to a realization that your time can be two years in; it can be 4 years in; it can be 25 years in; but there’s going to be a time when you’re just like “I don’t need to be here anymore, it’s it’s time for me to walk away” and that’s my time now. And um when I started making that decision… oh oh my God everybody wanted to come and talk to me about my decision and why I shouldn’t leave, why I shouldn’t do this, why I shouldn’t do that, I should stick around for this, and what about this; and I was just like “wow, it like everyone’s perception of me [ __ ] changed.” The military is the greatest example of Stockholm syndrome, you got to get what you need out of it. ~20:20

Chat: “How would you approach being a recruiter nowadays keeping your integrity and rank”

Oh simple. Don’t take this the wrong way, I realize what you guys like about me, aside from the humor obviously, is being genuine. That’s literally all you have to be as a recruiter, [ __ ] genuine, and you have to answer questions. Like it’s funny… there was a video was on Instagram yesterday, there was a British woman who was like “I don’t know how America is the greatest country in the world, they don’t give you paternity or maternity leave, they don’t give you health insurance, like they don’t give you school they don’t …” and I was just… the military does that 1, the military does that 2, the military does that 3, like, it’s a great opportunity compared to a lot of the things that are out there. But I think too many people treat the military like it’s their “everything” instead of their foundation and I wish more people would treat the military like “boom it set me up for success, but what I do from here is really on me.” but again some people do four years and they make it their entire personality. ~21:55

Chat: “I’ll be 27 probably by the time I get to basic for the AF in Texas pending aproval of a medical waiver. I’ve had my real world experience. Now I want to be apart of something better.”

so here’s the thing, I encourage you. I encourage anyone to chase your dreams and of course enlist in the military. How do I word this? That’s a good motivation. That’s always a good motivation to join the military. You know, you want to be a part of something bigger. And we are. Naturally like we have a little bit a significant more amount of weight on our shoulders, that is true, but something I’ve learned as I’ve sifted through the years of “care about the mission care about the mission care about the mission” I worked harder for the dudes to my left and my right than I ever did for some mission written on an op order, so that’s what you really have to focus on. It’s the people around you man.

“Have you thought about recording, or reaching out, and collaborating with other YouTubers?”

Really love to bid with the Fat Electrician. Yes. It’s a matter of. Time man. Uh. It’s so hard to just write a script. So I’m working on a couple. ~28:14

Chat:" Going back to wanting to join the army but first your unit can make you love or hate the army. A lot of guys my first were one contract guys."

Absolutely, a unit can make or break any individual. I’ve been lucky that I’ve been in a lot of good organizations, but I’ve also had to endure some bad ones. So I tell everyone, don’t judge the Army by your first duty station. That’s what I tell everyone. So, yeah, you’re absolutely right, DK. ~35:10

Chat: “little YouTube channel. I’m trying to grow advice for, or advice or comments.”

What I will tell you, and this is the hardest thing for anyone to learn when you are trying to be a social media content creator. I ask this to all of my friends who are like "hey how do I? You know if I want to start doing this, how do I do this?" I will give you all the advice in the world. As much as I can. I don’t know everything right. About like cameras. Lighting is important. Audio is important. Your backdrop is important. I mean like that stuff is important. But the most important thing. And this is. I tell this to everybody, who wants to be a social media content creator. What do people come to your channel for that they can’t get elsewhere. When you find out what people come to you for that they can’t find elsewhere that they gravitate towards, you will do well. ~46:26

First time on a live stream, big fan.

Elijah, I’m a big fan of you. Honestly all you guys, I fucking love this shit. I do these streams on Friday because, for me, I never wanted to be “out of reach” as a social media content creator.There are creators out there that I love, that I’ve met, but there’s no way to interact with them. You post in the comment section and you just kind of hope and pray that they read it. And I never wanted to be that. And it’s really hard. It is fucking daunting being full-time army, full-time content creator, and then making sure that I do this. It’s daunting. So I appreciate you guys being patient with me about everything. Also, I have two, potential, as soon as I get them built, new designs coming out for the merch line. I’m excited about both of them. I will tell you right now, as soon as they’re live (n.r.: They are live: Habitual Linecrosser) , I’m buying both of them for myself because they’re fucking tits. I love them. ~56:27 "If you guys are in the Discord, if I have time, I don’t get to do it as often as I want to. Every once in a while, if I’m just playing a video game by myself, I’ll hop in like the chat. If you see me in a chat hop in, I don’t care, hop in and fucking shoot the shit with me, I just shoot the shit with everybody that’s in there. Do not be afraid of me I want you to know that. I will give you as much information, and I’m candid about everything.

Was the social media fame a happy accident or a buried hope? either way, well-deserved.

Honestly, I get the worst imposter syndrome. I don’t feel any different. I feel just like the same normal guy, but the benefit of having this amount of reach on social media is, for those of you who don’t know, the reason I do social media and the reason I do comedy is because I’ve had some really horrible things happen in my life and I know that, when I make a video and I make people laugh, they don’t feel like I did during those times. Now I can’t make you happy forever, but for those couple minutes when you’re watching my video, everything fades away. And the benefit of having such a large following is that I can continue to affect that many people. Like it gives me a metric of people that I can affect. And that, that for me is the big win when it comes to social media. I hope that makes sense. Sorry, I’m not a white knight. I’m actually a douchebag. Just, you know. ~1:19:27

Chat: When am I going to warrant officer school?

So, Alex, you might have missed the video. It’s okay if you did. It’s not a big deal. I pulled my packet. I pulled my packet from warrant officer and I’ve decided that I’m just going to part ways with the military. I’m tired, man. I’m tired. And warrant officer has a six year ad. So six year additional duty service obligation. And I can be out in two. I’m, I’m tired. I’m ready to go home. I’m ready. Honestly, bro, if I could go to my home state, I could plant roots and not deploy. I’d stay in the Army forever. Absolutely. I just want to go back to New Mexico, buy me a house, actually, like plant roots, and not have to deploy again. I’d be set. I’d be fucking set. But they won’t do that for me.

What will retired HLCs hobbies look like?

"This may sound strange. I am from Colorado. I will never go back to Colorado as long as i live. Love it, I’ll go visit, I’ll never live there again. Just… Everything I want is in New Mexico. So my hobbies, and this may sound strange to you guys, I like honeydews. I like doing manual labor. It’s strange. I want a project car that I don’t have to scramble to get put together in three years. I want to rebuild or redo a bathroom. I want to put up gutters. I want to mow the grass. Like , fuck man, I like doing shit like that. And I haven’t been able, to in my entire adult life. And I want to not have this clock hanging over my head for three years at a time. Every time I go somewhere, it’s like, I got, two years and nine months until I have to leave again. I got two years and four months. Like there’s just a clock hanging over top of your head. And I’m so tired of that. I just, I don’t know. That’s, that’s what it’s going for me. And of course, I’m going to really dig into the content creation. Cause I’ve been working my fingers to the bone, trying to solve some technological issues that I’m having with editing. We’re going to get there. We’re going to get there. I don’t know when, but we’re going to get there. " ~1:30:42

There was a joke there that Whisper didn’t note down lol. Linecrosser and all that.

Further talk on New Mexico and what changed about Colorado

New Mexico. I live there. So I was born in Colorado, but I love New Mexico. What part of Mexico do you want to settle down at? I’ll be in Las Cruces. I don’t like Albuquerque. I’ve been there. It reminds me a lot of Denver. There are nice parts of Albuquerque. There are shitty parts of Albuquerque, but I like Las Cruces. I mean, you’re not too far from El Paso. You got the Elephant Butte Hot Springs. I mean, I can pop over to Arizona. There’s a lot to do around there. So I’m very happy with that. Plus, the cost of living is not bad. I mean, it’s terrible. It’s terrible. The cost of living is awful. No one wants to live there. You shouldn’t live there.

Chat: “how did Colorado hurt you?”

I grew up in Colorado before the legalization of recreational cannabis. When they legalized it, everybody and their fucking mother moved there; the traffic is astronomical, the cost of living is through the roof, the people, they used to be nice like you would see somebody and walk past them on the street “hey how’s it going? Oh hey how’s it going?” People were polite to each other. Now it’s it’s a fucking cesspool man, which sucks because it’s my home state but it’ll never be what it was. And I can’t imagine… my brain can’t wrap around uprooting me and my entire family over a plant. Like, am I going to when i get out? Yeah probably, but I can’t imagine… one day they legalize meth somewhere and I grab the wife and I say, “We’re going!” and just uproot us. I can’t imagine that. ~1:32:59

Chat: “Of course, an ADA guy wants to be near White Sands.”

Of course, you know, just in case I get me another job out there.

Chat: “what does it mean to not give into the 22 a day?”

So 22 a day refers to the 22 veterans a day that commit suicide. And what I mean with that is, I realize it’s important to talk about veteran suicide. “I’m going to do 22 pushups a day. Let me videotape myself doing 22 pushups”. That does nothing. But talking about veteran suicide, meeting with your friends, calling your friends, checking in on your friends, that does things for veteran suicide because they feel like they have somebody to reach out to. So that’s why I do that. Don’t give in to the thoughts. That’s pretty much it. If you just don’t quit. The military is really easy as long as you just don’t quit. Super easy. ~1:47:44

Where does my comedy come from?

A place of deep-seated pain and anxiety lol no um for me, it was … I grew up watching Jay Leno, every Tonight Show he would open and it was just about the news and what’s going on and that man was the king of satirical news comedy. Last year or sometime I was watching the news “I can make fun of this” that’s really all I do is: I watch the news or I get news updates and I’m just like “I can make fun of that; I can make jokes about that” that’s all it is.

Chat: “HLC comedy is satire mixed with missile-tism”

I respect it, I respect it. I’m keeping up this persona as much as I can but I got a splitting headache. ~2:01:07

" so I was on a podcast earlier this week, it’s called Leaders Recon, it’s actually like Army National Guard Strategic Communications, they came down and wanted to talk to me about the importance of humor in uniform, which was super fucking awesome, man. I’m glad the Army’s getting on board with like, “hey, we have social media content creators. Let’s ask them what the fuck they’re doing,” which is super cool. Honestly, the guy in charge of it, Sartre Miller, really nice guy. So that was this week. Oh my God. I went to my computer in my office and sat down at my desk for a grand total of one hour this week.

Chat: “got a question I’m 26 years old thinking about joining army what should I expect. I want to join because I want discipline that I can’t get on my own. also career change”

"I will tell you right now flavio, you should expect that the best part of the military is the people; and that the worst part of the military is also the people. It’s just like any other job man like once you’ve been in for a while… I don’t know what happens there like, a chemical change in our brain. Dudes who serve one contract get out, and they have, like, their ribbons on a leather jacket, “we’re a brotherhood” and they get those paragraph t-shirts that say “I’m not afraid to kill a man and hug my wife, and I’ve defended freedom, and…" like, all this other bullshit you see on Facebook. Those are the dudes who did like, one tour. Everybody else who did 10, 15 years in, it’s just a another job, bro. That’s really all it is. You wake up. It does what it’s told. You go to sleep. There’s people who are going to piss you off. It’s going to irritate you. But you just, it does what it’s told. It’s easy as long as you don’t quit.” ~12:40

He gathered plenty of people in uniform in his community, he still has a couple of years to give Uncle Sam, he’s still making snarky insta posts about having to do sidequests, there was a graduation ceremony a while ago… I’m not sure how useful is it to answer “How do I do this while in the system?” with “I just left the system lol”, we’re supposed to say “Stay in school” right? Maybe you’ll get something out of this. sigh Rich coming from me, I’m the one that dropped out of college because I couldn’t do homework. 70% on the exams! Not enough. I might go back to college, another university, law school this time. The secretary said there’s barely any homework and no labs. Alright, that’s all I got, my next post is going to be something easy, like a phone review.

👀🖱️

“What you guys gotta do, here’s my relationship advice. And I’m sure Mrs. Linecrosser is watching. You need to find a woman that takes care of you. You need to find a woman who is freaky in the way you like it, right? You need to find a woman who will wait on you, hand and foot. And you need to find a woman who is very, very rich. And then this is probably the most important part. You need to make sure these women never meet each other, ever. All right, there we go. Moving on. chuckles i’m sorry uh so sorry” 34:26