Elgato 4K X & 4K Pro - HDMI 2.1 Capture Hype?

Less than 12 hours remain! What questions do you have?!

IT’S LIVE!

Full writeup: Elgato 4K X & 4K Pro Review – A messy but wonderful future - Stream Guides

Latency
4K Pro

4K X

Specs
4K Pro

4K X

Something I didn’t spend enough time on: MJPEG.
I usually dunk on it as a choice, as it’s pre-compressed (and not great compression). In 4K X it’s required for 4K120/144 capture.
BUT I’m quite impressed. Compression artifacts are certainly there, but in motion, processed through YouTube, you can’t really see them. It’s the best-looking MJPEG I’ve seen on a card.
(MJPEG is 4:4:4 usually and REQUIRES you set Full RGB range in OBS)

As a fun bit, I’m trying to do more practical effects and less “just show a screencap of a website” when I can.
So I made my own print ad for Ezcoo for the video, hahaha

So I am looking at getting an HDMI 2.1 capture card and I have the Avermedia that I order but have not opened it yet. The new computer I am having built the motherboard is an ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme(WiFi 6E) and the CPU is a 7950x and the CPU is a 4090 i did go through the Elgato help me choose and it told me to get the new PCIE card. I will be streaming to Twitch and the cap card will be connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio extractor and a box series x

I mean, sounds like you already have one lol

I know what the website says lol but you have tested all 4 of them and which one do you think would be best for my setup?

Well Xbox Series X will work with any of them. So it just comes down to what you want to capture.

• Want to just pass through the full range and capture 1080p? Any of them
  • Want to capture the full 4K120 it sends to your TV? Elgato 4K X specifically
  • Want to capture 4K60 from the 4K120? AVerMedia Live Gamer Ultra 2.1 or Elgato 4K X

Thank you for the info

I am using a LG monitor that has hdmi 2.1

Do you know the model number?

It is a LG 27GP950-B 27

Wow that’s a nice one. Yeah if you want to actually capture 4k120 to your computer, you need the 4K X. If you just want to make 4k60 videos, the 4k pro or AVerMedia usb

Thank you for all the help I will pick up the 4K X what is your code that I can use on the elgato website.

I’m not sure about a code, but just start through my link and it will work: Game Capture 4K X | Elgato